With competition being rife in the web hosting landscape, Hosting Resellers need to prepare well before launching their business. When you resell web hosting, you don’t own a hosting server but rent resources from a parent company, create small packages and sell them to your clients. Ironically, you compete against the same company in the market for business. Hence, to be successful, you need the right tools and a strategic plan. Today, we are going to talk about an important tool for Hosting Resellers – WHMCS. When you are looking for the best Linux Reseller Hosting plan, ensuring that the provider offers WHMCS can help you make the Reseller Hosting business seamless. Here’s how.
What is WHMCS?
Web Host Manager Complete Solution or WHMCS is a client management tool specifically designed to make the web hosting business easier. It works as a single point of contact for your clients to make additional purchases or contact you for support.
Advantages of WHMCS for reseller hosting business
Here are some advantages offered by WHMCS to a web Hosting Reseller:
- Automates processes – With WHMCS, Hosting Resellers can automate almost all tasks related to client management with ease. It can automate client purchases, generate bills, receive payments, and send reminders automatically.
- In-built Security – Since WHMCS is the gateway to your client accounts, it can be targeted by hackers. However, WHMCS comes with some features like automatic bans and security alerts & support, making it a secure tool.
- Detailed Billing Process – When it comes to generating a bill, receiving payment, sending reminders to clients who are late, and other billing-related processes, WHMCS automates all processes and makes billing efficient.
- Client Support – WHMCS offers a ticketing system that allows your clients to raise queries in no time. It also integrates with social media enabling your employees to handle these queries instantly.
- Customizability – You can customize the client management interface based on your requirements with the click of a few buttons. Developers can edit the CSS files for better customization too.
WHMCS is also supported by many popular control panels like cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk, etc.
The following video shows the reasons that make WHMCS an ideal billing solution:
How to get started? Configuring WHMCS
Here are the steps that you can follow to configure and start using WHMCS for your Linux-based Hosting Reseller business:
- Follow the security steps to make your reseller business secure
- Go through the ‘General Setting’ on the admin panel and choose the appropriate values
- Allow your clients to make payment to you online by setting payment gateways
- Create hosting packages and other services/products that you want to offer to your clients
- Create pricing plans
- Configure the ticketing system according to your set up
- Automate the processes you want and test them a few times before going live
Reseller Hosting provides a unique opportunity to establish a profit-making business without investing in the infrastructure or hiring IT professionals to manage the servers. Tools like WHMCS are essential to resellers as they help them optimize their processes and stay ahead of the competition. Choose a web Hosting Reseller plan that includes WHMCS and give your business the required edge over your competitors. Good Luck!